How to Limit Windows 10 Data Use Over a Metered Connection

Living in a rural area comes with limits for bandwidth, and if you are like me, you might be coming to the realization that Windows 10 loves data, a lot.

Source: How to Limit Windows 10 Data Use Over a Metered Connection

Lately I needed to use a limited data connection to Internet using my mobile Internet. That meant I needed to limit as much as possible any unneeded data transfer my PC with Windows 10 can do. The article above shows probably 99% of the settings you have to change to do that. The rest 1% you can do with a special data limiting software or a firewall and block the traffic an app does completely.

Now just be careful while opening different websites. Some of them may contain tens of big images. Of course there is a browser extension for blocking images too!

JavaScript: from callback hell through then-hell to generators+promises

Lately I've been refactoring and then refactoring and then some one of my JS apps every time I ...

Learn more

About Iliyan Trifonov

Web Developer, Blogger
Bookmark the permalink.